Intro to Synthesis
Some of what you'll learn in your 3 hour workshop:
- How does an analog and digital synthesizer differ?
- What is Voltage Control?
- A brief history of the analog synthesizer (how the modular synthesizer became a portable, programmable machine.. aka Mini moog.)
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator
- Voltage Controlled Filter (Filter Types and what makes them different i.e. High pass, Low pass, Band pass, Notch, Synthesizer brands and how they incorporate the filter into their designs)
- Voltage Controlled Amplifier (Amp, VCA, Loudness, etc)
- Envelope Generators (ADSR, AR, ADR, Loudness Contour, etc)
- Individual function controls (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release)